New to Yoga? Welcome to Asheville Yoga Center
Here are a few tips:
- Listen to your body. You should not feel any sharp, shooting, or pinching pains while practicing yoga. If you do, come out of the pose immediately and signal to the instructor so they can help you adjust the posture.
- Yoga is practiced in bare feet.
- Wear clothing that does not restrict movement. Loose or fitted stretchy clothing is best.
- Practice on an empty stomach. (Allow at least 2 hours after a large meal before practicing).
- Come clean to your practice. Avoid wearing perfume, cologne, or essential oils to class. Be mindful of odors such as smoke or body odor, as these can be impact the experience of other students.
- Heart condition? Injured? Be sure to let your instructor know if you have a heart condition or any other serious ailment before class starts.
Studio Information and Guidelines
- No need to pre-register. Drop ins are always welcome. We suggest arriving 10-15 minutes before your first class at Asheville Yoga Center. We will ask you to fill out a simple waiver form and orient you to the space.
- All Levels Welcome! All classes are open to all levels of students. Our instructors are adept at offering options for multiple levels of practitioner. Beginners are encouraged to start with beginner-friendly classes.
- Parking. Please make use of our free parking lots. Street parking is also available.
- Arrive on time. As a courtesy to your instructor and fellow students, we request you that you arrive on time.
- Busy classes: Some of our classes may fill to capacity. We recommend arriving 10 minutes early for the following classes in order to ensure a space:
- Monday and Wednesday: 5:30-6:45 pm Hot Flow & Yin with Shala
- Tuesday and Thursday: 12:15-1:45 pm Hot Flow & Yin with Shala
- Saturday: 10:15-11:45 am Align & Flow with Joe T.
- Sunday: 10:15-11:45 am Bhakti Flow with Michael
What should I wear, what should I bring & when should I arrive for my first class?
- For your first class, be sure to bring a bottle of water, a towel and a mat.
- Be sure to wear fitted workout clothes, ideally ones that wick away moisture.
- First-timers should also get to the studio 20 minutes before class starts to check in and ask any questions. We want to share our one-of-a-kind yoga with everyone, so come to work hard and have fun!
- Need to get some new gear? Visit our Boutique, we have everything you need to take your practice to the next level.
- All minors (anyone under the age of 18) who come to take class must have liability waiver signed by their Parent/Guardian before they can participate.
- Children ages 12-17 may attend any classes on our schedule, though HOT classes may not be appropriate.
- Children ages 11 and under may not be left unaccompanied in lobby or yoga room.