Asheville Yoga Center
Asheville Yoga Center is one of the most popular yoga schools in the Southeast. Our foundational programs are designed to enhance your personal knowledge, deepen your practice and provide you with the confidence and skills necessary to safely experience or teach yoga.
We offer three types of event:
- Yoga workshops (non-certification events)
- 200 Hour RYT training courses
- 300 Hour certified training courses (Advanced Study and Therapeutically-Oriented)
Caitlin Van Hecke
Caitlin loves to ponder the question, “What if we started living yoga and practicing life?” Continuously connecting the dots between what happens on your mat with what happens off is what propels her to share her passion with others. She received her teacher training from Asheville Yoga Center in 2008, and in the ensuing years has continued to study and cultivate her knowledge and skills through an array of modalities and teachers. She also specializes in kids yoga, Pilates, and foam rolling. Her kinesthetic approach to teaching combines focused attention on the breath with fluid movement, so the physical practice develops into a moving meditation. She recently returned to AVL from DC, where she taught full-time for many years, and is excited to be back in Asheville where her yoga path began.
300 Hour Advanced Studies Teacher Training Modules
Choose 11 modules in total from these four categories:
- Pick at least one 3-day course
- Pick at least one 4-day course
- Pick at least one 5-day Intensive
- Pick the remaining eight courses from any of the four categories (weekend, 3-day, 4-day, or 5-day*)
*You must complete 11 separate modules for graduation. Most modules offered multiple times per year.