Asheville Yoga Center
Asheville Yoga Center is one of the most popular yoga schools in the Southeast. Our foundational programs are designed to enhance your personal knowledge, deepen your practice and provide you with the confidence and skills necessary to safely experience or teach yoga.
We offer three types of event:
- Yoga workshops (non-certification events)
- 200 Hour RYT training courses
- 300 Hour certified training courses (Advanced Study and Therapeutically-Oriented)
Leslie Kaminoffis a yoga educator inspired by the tradition of T.K.V. Desikachar. He is an Internationally recognized specialist with thirty years’ experience in the fields of yoga, breath anatomy and bodywork. He has led workshops for many of the leading yoga associations, schools and training programs in America.
Leslie currently practices in New York City and Great Barrington, Massachusetts. He is the founder of the yoga blog, “e-Sutra,” and “The Breathing Project,” a New York City yoga studio dedicated to the teaching of individualized, breath-centered yoga. Leslie teaches The Breathing Project’s unique year-long course in yoga anatomy, and is the co- author, with Amy Matthews, of the bestselling book, now in it’s second edition, “Yoga Anatomy” published by Human Kinetics.
300 Hour Advanced Studies Teacher Training Modules
Choose 11 modules in total from these four categories:
- Pick at least one 3-day course
- Pick at least one 4-day course
- Pick at least one 5-day Intensive
- Pick the remaining eight courses from any of the four categories (weekend, 3-day, 4-day, or 5-day*)
*You must complete 11 separate modules for graduation. Most modules offered multiple times per year.