Asheville Yoga Center is one of the most popular yoga schools in the Southeast. Our foundational programs are designed to enhance your personal knowledge, deepen your practice and provide you with the confidence and skills necessary to safely experience or teach yoga.
We offer three types of event:
- Yoga workshops (non-certification events)
- 200 Hour RYT training courses
- 300 Hour certified training courses (Advanced Study and Therapeutically-Oriented)
Yoga has enhanced Anna’s life and career as a professional whitewater kayaker and stand up paddle boarder for over 18 years. Whether she’s teaching yoga as part of her whitewater kayaking and yoga trips in Costa Rica and Nepal, on her paddle board teaching SUP yoga classes or in the studio, Anna creates a calm space for her students to nurture awareness of their bodies and minds for alignment, health and healing. She graduated from AYC’s 230 hour TT in 2010 and is working toward her 500 hour certification. In 2011 she produced the DVD, Yoga for Kayaking, in collaboration with Joe Taft that has sold over 1500 copies. Anna maintains a strong daily home practice that includes asana, pranayama and meditation, and is deeply connected to nature through kayaking, paddle boarding and her path on the Red Road. For more information you can visit her websites: mindbodypaddle.com and watergirlsatplay.com
300 Hour Advanced Studies Teacher Training Modules
Choose 11 modules in total from these four categories:
- Pick at least one 3-day course
- Pick at least one 4-day course
- Pick at least one 5-day Intensive
- Pick the remaining eight courses from any of the four categories (weekend, 3-day, 4-day, or 5-day*)
*You must complete 11 separate modules for graduation. Most modules offered multiple times per year.