Asheville Yoga Center is one of the most popular yoga schools in the Southeast. Our foundational programs are designed to enhance your personal knowledge, deepen your practice and provide you with the confidence and skills necessary to safely experience or teach yoga.
We offer three types of event:
- Yoga workshops (non-certification events)
- 200 Hour RYT training courses
- 300 Hour certified training courses (Advanced Study and Therapeutically-Oriented)
Michael Johnson has been a full-time yoga instructor for nearly two decades and a teacher trainer since 2003. He has travelled to India and studied many styles and traditions from Aṣṭāṅga Vinyāsa, Bhakti, Karma, Jñāna, Jīvamukti, Rāja, and Restorative to Yin. In addition to teaching ten weekly classes, He is a lead instructor for Asheville Yoga Center's 200hr Teacher Training and 300hr Advanced Training Programs.
"Michael Johnson’s classes are a beautiful mix of music, exploration of the yoga sutras, well-sequenced asana practice, and devotion to the highest virtues of humanity- and peppered with tidbits of science and humor. In my opinion, it is a well-rounded experience which gently guides the students into an exploration of what it can feel like to navigate yoga and life in the modern world with integrity, health and compassion." - Dana N.
300 Hour Advanced Studies Teacher Training Modules
Choose 11 modules in total from these four categories:
- Pick at least one 3-day course
- Pick at least one 4-day course
- Pick at least one 5-day Intensive
- Pick the remaining eight courses from any of the four categories (weekend, 3-day, 4-day, or 5-day*)
*You must complete 11 separate modules for graduation. Most modules offered multiple times per year.