Asheville Yoga Center
Asheville Yoga Center is one of the most popular yoga schools in the Southeast. Our foundational programs are designed to enhance your personal knowledge, deepen your practice and provide you with the confidence and skills necessary to safely experience or teach yoga.
We offer three types of event:
- Yoga workshops (non-certification events)
- 200 Hour RYT training courses
- 300 Hour certified training courses (Advanced Study and Therapeutically-Oriented)
Michael has been a full-time yoga instructor for over 15 years. He has been certiﬁed in Jivamukti, travelled to India to study Ashtanga with K. Pattabhi Jois, spent a month with Swami Satchidananda in Yogaville and completed 3 Goenka style 10-day Vipassana Meditation retreats. He now lives in Asheville and teaches weekly Bhakti Vinyasa and Yin classes, along with weekend workshops on Sanskrit, Meditation and Neuroscience, Chakras and Consciousness, Decoding the Yogasūtra, the Bhagavadgītā and Moral Philosophy, Yoga and Positive Psychology, a Brief History of Yoga and Prāṇāyāma techniques from the Haṭhayogapradīpikā and beyond. He is also a lead instructor for Asheville Yoga Center's 200hr Teacher Training and 300hr Advanced Training SavePrograms.
300 Hour Advanced Studies Teacher Training Modules
Choose 11 modules in total from these four categories:
- Pick at least one 3-day course
- Pick at least one 4-day course
- Pick at least one 5-day Intensive
- Pick the remaining eight courses from any of the four categories (weekend, 3-day, 4-day, or 5-day*)
*You must complete 11 separate modules for graduation. Most modules offered multiple times per year.