Asheville Yoga Center
Asheville Yoga Center is one of the most popular yoga schools in the Southeast. Our foundational programs are designed to enhance your personal knowledge, deepen your practice and provide you with the confidence and skills necessary to safely experience or teach yoga.
We offer three types of event:
- Yoga workshops (non-certification events)
- 200 Hour RYT training courses
- 300 Hour certified training courses (Advanced Study and Therapeutically-Oriented)
Shala has been teaching yoga since 1999 and enjoys using yoga classes, workshops, and trainings to create a space for people to release stress and tension and tap into deep inner knowing. She instructs with a style which blends intuitive flow and attention to detail, a combination informed by her background in Kripalu, Iyengar, Vinyasa Flow, Yin Yoga, and bodywork. She incorporates pranayama, meditation, world music with tribal beats, therapeutic and yin yoga, as well as, yoga philosophy into each class.
Shala is E-RYT 500, Asheville School of Massage & Yoga, Director, Lead Instructor for both Asheville Yoga Center's 200-hour Teacher Training and 300-hour Advanced Training Programs.
300 Hour Advanced Studies Teacher Training Modules
Choose 11 modules in total from these four categories:
- Pick at least one 3-day course
- Pick at least one 4-day course
- Pick at least one 5-day Intensive
- Pick the remaining eight courses from any of the four categories (weekend, 3-day, 4-day, or 5-day*)
*You must complete 11 separate modules for graduation. Most modules offered multiple times per year.