Asheville Yoga Center
Asheville Yoga Center is one of the most popular yoga schools in the Southeast. Our foundational programs are designed to enhance your personal knowledge, deepen your practice and provide you with the confidence and skills necessary to safely experience or teach yoga.
We offer three types of event:
- Yoga workshops (non-certification events)
- 200 Hour RYT training courses
- 300 Hour certified training courses (Advanced Study and Therapeutically-Oriented)
Joe Taft believes in the transformational power of yoga. Joe (E-RYT500) is a former Certified Anusara® Yoga instructor who has dedicated himself to the practice of yoga since 1997 and has been teaching since 2002. Although Joe's classes are alignment-based, they are usually accompanied with an upbeat, funky playlist and heart-based philosophical themes through storytelling and mythology. In his classes you work hard, but always end with pranayama (breath work) and/or mediation to allow for deep relaxation. Joe’s in-depth knowledge of body mechanics and his innate understanding of the complexities of movement, allow him to guide his students more fully into their own bodies and lives. He is a Lead Instructor for both Asheville Yoga Center's 200-hour Teacher Training and 300-hour Advanced Training Programs.
300 Hour Advanced Studies Teacher Training Modules
Choose 11 modules in total from these four categories:
- Pick at least one 3-day course
- Pick at least one 4-day course
- Pick at least one 5-day Intensive
- Pick the remaining eight courses from any of the four categories (weekend, 3-day, 4-day, or 5-day*)
*You must complete 11 separate modules for graduation. Most modules offered multiple times per year.