Asheville Yoga Center is one of the most popular yoga schools in the Southeast. Our foundational programs are designed to enhance your personal knowledge, deepen your practice and provide you with the confidence and skills necessary to safely experience or teach yoga.
We offer three types of event:
- Yoga workshops (non-certification events)
- 200 Hour RYT training courses
- 300 Hour certified training courses (Advanced Study and Therapeutically-Oriented)
Intentional Practice & Inverting: Strengthening your Vinyasa with an Informed Inversion Practice
Friday, March 30, 2018
5:45 - 7:45pm
Focusing on headstand, forearm-stand, and handstand, this 2-hour workshop will deepen your understanding of yoga asana. Beginning with a strong warm up, we will move through an extended sequence including deep strength building, backbends, inversions, and arm balances. Using props, partner work, and teacher assists, you'll have the opportunity to explore challenging postures within a safe and supportive environment. There will be long holds (with variations), postural demonstrations, breath work and a group meditation to help you cultivate a more informed physical practice. Two years of experience with postural practice is highly recommended, but not required.
300 Hour Advanced Studies Teacher Training Modules
Choose 11 modules in total from these four categories:
- Pick at least one 3-day course
- Pick at least one 4-day course
- Pick at least one 5-day Intensive
- Pick the remaining eight courses from any of the four categories (weekend, 3-day, 4-day, or 5-day*)
*You must complete 11 separate modules for graduation. Most modules offered multiple times per year.