Asheville Yoga Center is one of the most popular yoga schools in the Southeast. Our foundational programs are designed to enhance your personal knowledge, deepen your practice and provide you with the confidence and skills necessary to safely experience or teach yoga.
We offer three types of event:
- Yoga workshops (non-certification events)
- 200 Hour RYT training courses
- 300 Hour certified training courses (Advanced Study and Therapeutically-Oriented)
Yoga for Runners & Athletes 4 Week Series
Yoga for Runners & Athletes
4 Week Series
April 18 - May 9, 2018
Wednesdays, 5:45 – 7:00pm
All Levels Welcome
Join Sierra Hollister, an avid runner and long-time yoga teacher for a 4 week series designed to support runners and athletes.
Yoga restores balance and symmetry to the body, making it the perfect complement to running. While runners might be drawn to yoga to deal with specific issues – like improving flexibility or helping with an injury – yoga can also strengthen your body, increase running times, help with breath capacity and balance muscles underutilized by running. In short, yoga can totally boost your running!
No previous yoga experience is needed for this class and the class is open to all. Anyone looking to stay injury-free and increase flexibility, strength, and peace of mind will enjoy this series.
Photo credit: Andrea Killam
300 Hour Advanced Studies Teacher Training Modules
Choose 11 modules in total from these four categories:
- Pick at least one 3-day course
- Pick at least one 4-day course
- Pick at least one 5-day Intensive
- Pick the remaining eight courses from any of the four categories (weekend, 3-day, 4-day, or 5-day*)
*You must complete 11 separate modules for graduation. Most modules offered multiple times per year.