Asheville Yoga Center
Asheville Yoga Center is one of the most popular yoga schools in the Southeast. Our foundational programs are designed to enhance your personal knowledge, deepen your practice and provide you with the confidence and skills necessary to safely experience or teach yoga.
We offer three types of event:
- Yoga workshops (non-certification events)
- 200 Hour RYT training courses
- 300 Hour certified training courses (Advanced Study and Therapeutically-Oriented)
Restorative Yoga Teacher Training
October 19 - 21, 2018
300-hour YA credit
All Levels Welcome
Save $75 if you sign up by September 7, 2018
$250 with Early Bird Special!
($325 after September 7, 2018)
Friday 9:00am – 12:30pm | 2:00 – 5:00pm
Saturday 9:00am – 12:30pm | 2:00 – 5:00pm
Sunday 9:00am – 12:30pm
Come deepen your personal practice and teaching technique through the creative practice of Restorative Yoga. Restorative Yoga is a gentle, calming, therapeutic style of practice that restores the nervous system. Props are used such as bolsters, blocks, and blankets to assist the body into a deep and relaxing state. During this training, you will learn how to strategically arrange props and sequence the practice in such a way to promote an optimum state of renewal and relaxation to benefit specific areas of the body, as well as breathing techniques to bring mental and spiritual harmony.
* 3 part breath, ujjayi, and viloma pranayama will be practiced.
* physiology of stress and relaxation
* how to sequence restorative postures
* how to integrate postures with breathwork and guided imagery
* appropriate touching and adjustments
* all sessions include forward bending, backward bending, side bending (sequencing, breathing, props, adjusting)
* each session contains asana practice, lecture and student teaching.
The Yoga Handbook by Stephanie Keach
300 Hour Advanced Studies Teacher Training Modules
Choose 11 modules in total from these four categories:
- Pick at least one 3-day course
- Pick at least one 4-day course
- Pick at least one 5-day Intensive
- Pick the remaining eight courses from any of the four categories (weekend, 3-day, 4-day, or 5-day*)
*You must complete 11 separate modules for graduation. Most modules offered multiple times per year.