Asheville Yoga Center is one of the most popular yoga schools in the Southeast. Our foundational programs are designed to enhance your personal knowledge, deepen your practice and provide you with the confidence and skills necessary to safely experience or teach yoga.
We offer three types of event:
- Yoga workshops (non-certification events)
- 200 Hour RYT training courses
- 300 Hour certified training courses (Advanced Study and Therapeutically-Oriented)
Yoga and Self-Care Strategies for Chronic Pain
Yoga and Self-Care Strategies for Chronic Pain with Libby Hinsley, Will Hamilton PhD (psychologist), and Lisa Sherman LAc (acupuncturist)
July 27 - 29, 2018
300-hour YA credit
All Levels Welcome
Save $75 if you sign up by June 15, 2018
$275 with Early Bird Special!
($350 after June 15, 2018)
Friday 9:00am - 12:30pm | 2:00 - 5:00pm
Saturday 9:00am - 12:30pm | 2:00 - 5:00pm
Sunday 9:00am - 12:30pm
More than a quarter of Americans have chronic pain symptoms lasting for months or years, and over half of these adults do not feel their pain is well-controlled. More of these individuals are turning to yoga to help manage their symptoms. Whether it's chronic low back pain, fibromyalgia, or headaches, the experience of pain can profoundly impact quality of life. Yoga and related practices offer amazing tools to address these issues. Offering the latest evidence based interventions from fields such as yoga, mindfulness, physical therapy, acupressure, nutrition, and health psychology, this weekend will radically expand your ability to manage chronic pain. Whether you or a family member suffers from chronic pain or you’d like to expand your skill set in helping these individuals, this weekend promises to be an endeavor into self-care that is well worth your time.
By attending this weekend training, you will:
- Understand what pain is and how the central nervous system responds to chronic pain
- Experience 3 practices designed to desensitize the central nervous system through asana, pranayama, and meditation techniques
- Get comfortable with techniques for making yoga practices more accessible to those with chronic pain
- Learn to use language, sequencing, and assists for an effective yoga practice for people with chronic pain.
- Learn simple acupressure and self-massage techniques to address pain
- Understand how a variety of lifestyle habits can influence the pain experience
Required Reading (click on book title to purchase):
How to Live Well with Chronic Pain and Illness: A Mindful Guide by Toni Bernhard
Recommended Reading (click on book title to purchase):
The Yoga Handbook by Stephanie Keach
300 Hour Advanced Studies Teacher Training Modules
Choose 11 modules in total from these four categories:
- Pick at least one 3-day course
- Pick at least one 4-day course
- Pick at least one 5-day Intensive
- Pick the remaining eight courses from any of the four categories (weekend, 3-day, 4-day, or 5-day*)
*You must complete 11 separate modules for graduation. Most modules offered multiple times per year.