Asheville Yoga Center is one of the most popular yoga schools in the Southeast. Our foundational programs are designed to enhance your personal knowledge, deepen your practice and provide you with the confidence and skills necessary to safely experience or teach yoga.
We offer three types of event:
- Yoga workshops (non-certification events)
- 200 Hour RYT training courses
- 300 Hour certified training courses (Advanced Study and Therapeutically-Oriented)
The Art of Enlightened Teaching
June 18 – July 2, 2018
100-Hour Advanced Vinyasa Teacher Training and Immersion
300-hour YA Credit (please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details)
Open to teachers as well as serious students of yoga.
Read about Banyan Gallagher on his website!
Save $200 if you sign up by May 1, 2018
$995 with Early Bird special!
($1195 after May 1, 2018)
$500 Deposit secures your spot.
8:00am – 10am | 10:30am-12:30pm | 2pm – 5pm
At the center of every altar lies a flame. No matter whether you’re in a church, mosque, or temple, the candle stands, wavering but patient, illuminating the space around it with its warmth of prayer.
Why is it that some yoga classes fill us with inspiration, and others are “just ok”? Why do we leave certain classes feeling exhausted, and others exhilarated? How can we maximize our impact on our students in the small amount of time we are together? In this training we will focus on that which enlightens us and those around us: the flame. It’s known by many names: agni, kundalini, Shakti. Living fire is what enlightens us and wakes us up. The basics here are simple: if we understand how the fire works, we hope to use it to illuminate our own lives and the lives of others: our students, our partners, and our family members.
While most students will use this course to enhance their skills in yoga teaching, being a teacher is by no means a pre-requisite for this course. Skills in leadership and communication will benefit each student, no matter the vocation. Non-teaching, devoted students will also carry away a bounty from this training, as we come to mastery of the material through learning to teach it well.
What to Expect
• Enhance your understanding of healthy alignment, for maximum benefit for all levels of student.
• Learn to “read bodies” to use a combination of anatomy and consciousness to peer into the inner workings of the individual yogi’s form.
• Manipulate the breath for maximum effect in your specific aim.
• Develop steadiness in meditation.
• Master the building blocks of Tantra (nadi, chakra, bandha, mudra, etc.) to accelerate your evolution.
• Cultivate joy, pleasure and play in practice, through exercises in acceptance, clowning, dance, and AcroYoga.
For more information, see "The Art of Enlightened Teaching" page here or email email@example.com
Required Reading (click on book title to purchase):
Scientific Keys: Key Poses of Yoga, by Ray Long
The Bhagavad Gita For Beginners: The Song Of God In Simplified Prose, by Edward Viljoen
Kundalini Tantra, by Swami Satyananda Saraswati
Recommended Reading (click on book title to purchase):
The Heart of Yoga, by T.K.V. Desikachar
Perfect Health: The Complete Mind/Body Guide, by Deepak Chopra
300 Hour Advanced Studies Teacher Training Modules
Choose 11 modules in total from these four categories:
- Pick at least one 3-day course
- Pick at least one 4-day course
- Pick at least one 5-day Intensive
- Pick the remaining eight courses from any of the four categories (weekend, 3-day, 4-day, or 5-day*)
*You must complete 11 separate modules for graduation. Most modules offered multiple times per year.