Asheville Yoga Center
Asheville Yoga Center is one of the most popular yoga schools in the Southeast. Our foundational programs are designed to enhance your personal knowledge, deepen your practice and provide you with the confidence and skills necessary to safely experience or teach yoga.
We offer three types of event:
- Yoga workshops (non-certification events)
- 200 Hour RYT training courses
- 300 Hour certified training courses (Advanced Study and Therapeutically-Oriented)
5-Day Yoga Nidra Intensive: Reduce Pain, Trauma and Stress
February 26 - March 2
300-hour YA credit
All Levels Welcome
Save $50 if you sign up by January 15, 2018
$700 with Early bird Special!
($750 after January 15, 2018)
$250 Deposit will hold Early Bird discount, or pay in full. Balance due one week before start.
Monday - Friday 8:30am- 12:30pm | 2:00pm – 5:00pm
Yoga Nidra is an ancient practice with incredible relevance in the modern world. With an excess of tension and worries, discomforts and uneasiness, fear and phobias, our students need a vehicle to connect deeply to their true nature, to peace, health, and self-awareness. This increased self-awareness helps us to remain detached and calm amidst the chaos of our daily lives. Yoga Nidra provides a path for rediscovery of our true nature and the many benefits that can be realized from its practice.
• Introduction to Yoga Nidra
• History and origin
• Importance and purpose
• Similarities and differences between Yoga Nidra and Savasana
• Pre-practices to enhance the Yoga Nidra journey
• Importance of sankalpa and how to define the sankalpa in Yoga Nidra
• Intelligence behind the sequencing
• Components of Yoga Nidra
• Role of voice modulation in guiding Yoga Nidra
• Role of imagery and visualization
• Benefits and contraindications of Yoga Nidra
• Practical hints for guiding in Yoga Nidra
• Student practice sessions
• Q & A
Yoga Nidra Yogic Trance by N. C Panda
My Experiments with Yoga Nidra by Swami Veda Bharati
Mudra: The Sacred Secret by Indu Arora
300 Hour Advanced Studies Teacher Training Modules
Choose 11 modules in total from these four categories:
- Pick at least one 3-day course
- Pick at least one 4-day course
- Pick at least one 5-day Intensive
- Pick the remaining eight courses from any of the four categories (weekend, 3-day, 4-day, or 5-day*)
*You must complete 11 separate modules for graduation. Most modules offered multiple times per year.