Asheville Yoga Center
Asheville Yoga Center is one of the most popular yoga schools in the Southeast. Our foundational programs are designed to enhance your personal knowledge, deepen your practice and provide you with the confidence and skills necessary to safely experience or teach yoga.
We offer three types of event:
- Yoga workshops (non-certification events)
- 200 Hour RYT training courses
- 300 Hour certified training courses (Advanced Study and Therapeutically-Oriented)
Cultivating a Quiet Mind: Yoga, Qigong, and Meditation 4 Week Series
October 4 - 25, 2017
Wednesdays, 5:45 - 7:00pm
All Levels Welcome
In this 4-part weekly series, Richard Fabio will guide participants through a wide array of techniques to lead to a quiet mind. The second line of the Yoga Sutras states, "Yoga is the stilling of the thought forms."
We will practice yoga and qigong with the intention and goal of quieting, calming, and stilling the internal monologue of the mind. Participants will experience the effects of the techniques and leave with a collection of practices they can practice at home to continue living with a quiet mind.
Participants will learn:
-movement forms with breathing to feel grounded and centered
-theory on how yoga and qigong can quiet the mind
-simple meditation techniques to show up to life with greater presence
Cancellation Processing: $15
300 Hour Advanced Studies Teacher Training Modules
Choose 11 modules in total from these four categories:
- Pick at least one 3-day course
- Pick at least one 4-day course
- Pick at least one 5-day Intensive
- Pick the remaining eight courses from any of the four categories (weekend, 3-day, 4-day, or 5-day*)
*You must complete 11 separate modules for graduation. Most modules offered multiple times per year.