Asheville Yoga Center
Asheville Yoga Center is one of the most popular yoga schools in the Southeast. Our foundational programs are designed to enhance your personal knowledge, deepen your practice and provide you with the confidence and skills necessary to safely experience or teach yoga.
We offer three types of event:
- Yoga workshops (non-certification events)
- 200 Hour RYT training courses
- 300 Hour certified training courses (Advanced Study and Therapeutically-Oriented)
Yoga, Meditation & Mindfulness Practices
February 2 - 4, 2018
300-hour YA credit
All Levels Welcome
Save $50 if you sign up by December 2, 2017
$250 with Early Bird Special!
($300 after Dec. 2, 2017)
Friday, 6:00 – 9:00pm
Saturday, 9:00am – 12:00pm | 1:30 – 5:30pm
Sunday, 9:00am – 12:00pm
One of the most difficult things we can do in life is to be fully awake and fully present for ourselves and for the people we love and care about. Mindfulness is the energy of being aware and awake to the present moment. It is the continuous practice of touching life deeply in every moment of daily life. To be mindful is to be truly alive, fully present, and at one with those around you and with what you are doing.
Join us for a weekend of yoga, meditation, and mindfulness practices that will help bring your body, mind, and heart into harmony. This weekend will offer you an introduction to inner peace and stillness, or it can provide insight and enrichment of your already ongoing meditation practice. You will learn and practice specific techniques that will help you slow down, embrace mindfulness, and enter the peace of the present moment. You don’t have to be a teacher, or even desire to become a teacher to attend this course.
Come prepared to learn:
• How to sit comfortably for meditation
• How to achieve a state of deep stillness/calm through mindful breathing
• How to work with thoughts as they arise while meditating
• How to access greater peace and joy throughout your day
• How to be more compassionate with yourself and others
• How to integrate specific meditation techniques into your daily life that help you live from a place of intention
The Miracle of Mindfulness by Thich Nhat Hahn
Wherever You Go There You Are by Jon Kabot-Zinn
Real Happiness by Sharon Salzberg
The Yoga Handbook by Stephanie Keach
Cancellation Processing: $75
More Info: Meditation and Yoga & 300 Hour Advanced Studies
300 Hour Advanced Studies Teacher Training Modules
Choose 11 modules in total from these four categories:
- Pick at least one 3-day course
- Pick at least one 4-day course
- Pick at least one 5-day Intensive
- Pick the remaining eight courses from any of the four categories (weekend, 3-day, 4-day, or 5-day*)
*You must complete 11 separate modules for graduation. Most modules offered multiple times per year.