Asheville Yoga Center
Asheville Yoga Center is one of the most popular yoga schools in the Southeast. Our foundational programs are designed to enhance your personal knowledge, deepen your practice and provide you with the confidence and skills necessary to safely experience or teach yoga.
We offer three types of event:
- Yoga workshops (non-certification events)
- 200 Hour RYT training courses
- 300 Hour certified training courses (Advanced Study and Therapeutically-Oriented)
The Art of Teaching Movement and Meditation 5-Day Intensive
October 30 - November 3, 2017
300-hour YA credit
All Levels Welcome
Save $100 if you sign up by September 18, 2017
$550 with Early Bird Special!
($650 after September 18, 2017)
$250 Deposit will hold Early Bird discount, or pay in full.
Balance due one week before start.
Monday - Thursday 8:00am- 12:00pm | 1:30pm – 5:00pm
Friday 8:00am- 12:00pm
Meditation is a powerfully healing practice that takes the scattered pieces of our actions and awareness and brings them back into a state of wholeness. Yoga teaches us to access this wholeness in both stillness and movement.
Immerse yourself in five delicious days of heartfelt practice and self-inquiry as you gain the tools and understanding to become a more present, authentic, and skillful guide for others.
In this five day intensive, we will dive into the foundations of meditation and mindfulness practices, as well as the balanced and deeply meditative practices of Yin Yoga and slow, strengthening vinyasa flow.
Whether you are a yoga teacher or a practitioner simply looking to deepen your understanding of these time tested practices, this immersion is sure to inspire!
In this workshop you will learn:
• The foundations of meditation (theory and practice)
• Yin Yoga theory and practice
• The use of asana as a moving meditation
• Transformational breathing techniques to calm the nervous system and steady the mind
• How to create balanced sequences for all levels
• The use of touch and purposeful hands-on adjustments
• The human subtle energy system
Be prepared to cultivate…
…a steady and accessible meditation practice
…a willingness to open your heart and your mind (beginners mind!)
…a strong, grounded and flexible body
…a deeper understanding and acceptance of yourself and others through dedicated practice and and self inquiry
300 Hour Advanced Studies Teacher Training Modules
Choose 11 modules in total from these four categories:
- Pick at least one 3-day course
- Pick at least one 4-day course
- Pick at least one 5-day Intensive
- Pick the remaining eight courses from any of the four categories (weekend, 3-day, 4-day, or 5-day*)
*You must complete 11 separate modules for graduation. Most modules offered multiple times per year.