Meet our yoga instructors
At Asheville Yoga Center our greatest asset is our people. Our teachers are among Asheville’s brightest and we are lucky enough to have some of the most accomplished yoga teachers in the southeast in residence at our studio. Many of our teachers have trained in the Vinyasa style under Stephanie Keach, while others have pursued training in various modalities ranging from ranging from alignment-based systems to Kundalini. No matter the lineage, AYC teachers are committed to providing a compassionate and informed space where students can find their own balance of effort and ease in the practice.
Restorative Yoga Teacher Training
October 26-28, 2018
300-hour YA credit
All Levels Welcome
Save $75 if you sign up by September 7, 2018
$250 with Early Bird Special!
($325 after September 7, 2018)
Friday 9:00am – 12:30pm | 2:00 – 5:00pm
Saturday 9:00am – 12:30pm | 2:00 – 5:00pm
Sunday 9:00am – 12:30pm
Come deepen your personal practice and teaching technique through the creative practice of Restorative Yoga. Restorative Yoga is a gentle, calming, therapeutic style of practice that restores the nervous system. Props are used such as bolsters, blocks, and blankets to assist the body into a deep and relaxing state. During this training, you will learn how to strategically arrange props and sequence the practice in such a way to promote an optimum state of renewal and relaxation to benefit specific areas of the body, as well as breathing techniques to bring mental and spiritual harmony.
* 3 part breath, ujjayi, and viloma pranayama will be practiced.
* physiology of stress and relaxation
* how to sequence restorative postures
* how to integrate postures with breathwork and guided imagery
* appropriate touching and adjustments
* all sessions include forward bending, backward bending, side bending (sequencing, breathing, props, adjusting)
* each session contains asana practice, lecture and student teaching.
The Yoga Handbook by Stephanie Keach